Last Updated: July 2018
- When you make use of our website, https://www.bluerbn.com/ (“Website”);
- When you send a job application;
- When you exchange business cards with us; and
- When you attend a marketing event and provide Personal Data.
Table of contents:
- What Information we Collect, Why we Collect it, and How it is Used;
- How we Protect and Store your Personal Data;
- How we share your Personal Data
- Additional Information Regarding Transfers of Personal Data
- Your Rights
- Use by Children
- Google Analytics and other analytics tools
- How to Contact Us
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
|Data We Collect||Why is the data collected and for what purposes?||Legal basis||Third Parties with whom we Share your Data||Period of Storage||Consequences of not providing the data|
|• Name |
• Email address
• Company name
|Hosting platforms, CRM platforms, and email service providers.||Until you request the deletion or we proactively delete the data. Please note that data retention laws or reasons may require retaining it for a longer or shorter period.||We will not be able to:
|Marketing communications||Consent (which you can withdraw at any time)||Until you unsubscribe||We will not be able to send you marketing communications|
|Hosting platforms, CRM platforms, and email service providers.||Until you request the deletion or we proactively delete the data. Please note that data retention laws or reasons may require retaining it for a longer or shorter||We will not be able to process your job application|
Other information provided in business cards
|Hosting platforms, CRM platforms, and email service providers.||Until you request the deletion or we proactively delete the data. Please note that data retention laws or reasons may require retaining it for a longer or shorter||We will not be able to communicate with you|
|Hosting platforms, CRM platforms, and email service providers.||Until you request the deletion or we proactively delete the data. Please note that data retention laws or reasons may require retaining it for a longer or shorter||We will not be able to communicate with you or send you materials that may be of interest.|
2. HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- Retention of your Personal Data. In addition to the retention periods mentioned in Section 1 above, in some circumstances we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the recipients described in Section 1, we may share your information as follows:
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order;
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we will (to the minimum extent required) disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Data in connection with the foregoing events;
- Where you have provided your consent to us sharing the Personal Data (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality); and/or
- Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any Personal Data is disclosed.
4. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We ensure transfers within the Blue Ribbon group will be covered by an agreement entered into by members of the Blue Ribbon group (an intra-group agreement) which contractually obliges each member to ensure that Personal Data receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred to;
- Where we transfer your Personal Data outside of the EU, for example to third parties who help provide our products and services, we will obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your Personal Data. Some of these assurances are well recognized certification schemes like the EU – US Privacy Shield for the protection of Personal Data transferred from within the EU to the United States.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
The following rights (which may be subject to certain exemptions or derogations), shall apply to individuals who are protected by the GDPR:
- You have a right to access information held about you. Your right of access is normally be exercised free of charge, however we reserve the right to charge an appropriate administrative fee where permitted by applicable law;
- You have the right to request that we amend any Personal Data we hold that it is inaccurate or misleading.
- You have the right to request the erasure of the Personal Data that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data, for example for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- The right to object to or to request restriction of the processing. However, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request;
- The right to data portability. This means that you may have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller;
- You have the right to object to profiling;
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e., your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before you contact your local supervisory authority
- The right to withdraw your consent. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- You also have a right to request details of the basis on which your Personal Data is transferred outside the European Economic Area, but you acknowledge that data transfer agreements may need to be partially redacted for reasons of commercial confidentiality.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the Personal Data requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than initial requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
6. USE BY CHILDREN
We do not offer our products or services for use by children. If you are under 18, you may not use the Website, or provide any information to the Website without involvement of a parent or a guardian. We do not knowingly collect information from, and/or about children.
7. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
8. CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.